[GNC] Best way to close unpaid invoices?

Daffy Duck suffsuccotash at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:25:31 EST 2021

Hi,

Thanks.

"For Bad Debts, set up an account called "Allowance for Doubtful
> Accounts" as a child of AR. (be sure to make this of type 'Asset')
>
> You can then 'pay' the invoice using this account as the source.
>
> This will cause the invoice to be closed by GnuCash and it will be
> removed from the Due Invoices Reminder."

This does not work.  I created an asset account under "Accounts
receivable" and I put the entry in for the $500, an increase.

I then tried to assign it as a payment to the invoice.  It said "you
must select a transfer account from the account tree."