[GNC] Best way to close unpaid invoices?

Daffy Duck suffsuccotash at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 13:21:01 EST 2021

Ok, I think I have it working now.

So, the better way to look at the discounted situation in my case was
"renegotiated accounts" because I want to pay expenses prior to income.

So, I created a new asset account called "renegotiated accounts" and
paid the outstanding invoices for this individual from that.

I then created a new invoice for the new amount, separating reimbursed
expenses from income.  On the new invoice, the transfer account is
"renegotiated accounts."

I had a separate account under expense for "Loss from renegotiated
accounts" to mimic what we did with the bad debts one, but that doesn't
seem to work?

I then posted a payment to the new invoice that I received.

Is this the best way to do this?