[GNC] Tracking the same asset or asset type held at multiple brokerages

Evelyn Yamanaka evelyn.yamanaka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:28:36 EST 2021

> So lets say you had a CoA structured by brokerage. But you want to see a
> balance sheet structured by asset type. For example, you want a balance
> sheet showing JUST what you have in cash (scattered all over the place).
> See what happens if you run a balance sheet, and then use edit=>report
> options=> accounts to select just those cash accounts.

Thanks for the pointer to the report options. It is indeed a solution
for seeing totals of one asset type in isolation.

However, I would also like to see totals for each asset type in
relation to other asset types.
I suppose you could run reports for each asset type individually, then
combine them in a custom report. The formatting is not as compact and
clean, but it's workable.

But is there a way to get totals for each asset type in a single
report, like the asset pie chart? It'd be nice to be able to generate
a pie chart with the following:

Total Assets:
10% Cash
30% Bonds
60% Equities

While also having the option to generate a similar pie chart of assets
by brokerage / institution.