[GNC] Moving to Linux

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Sat Mar 13 17:38:43 EST 2021

On 2021-03-13 13:59, Stephen C. Camidge wrote:
> No Jim. I copied my files on my Mac to an external FAT32 (I think it is called) drive and opened it in Linux.

In that case, Mac system software is probably what handled reading and
writing with the FAT32 disk. So, it is probably correct to say that the
Mac software created these "._*" files. But the situation is the same:
the FAT32 file system doesn't support storing metadata, so the thing
bridging the differences between the Mac world and the FAT32 world
probably created these files, to store metadata that was attached to the
files on the Mac.

     —Jim DeLaHun