[GNC] Importing Accounts with non-English Characters

viking viking2ev at san.rr.com
Tue Mar 16 01:39:06 EDT 2021

When I import accounts in a CSV file that contains non-English characters
they are "corrupted".
For example,
Startvärde => Startvärde

As a test, I exported accounts (with non-English characters) to a CSV file.
The exported accounts look OK in the CSV file. I then imported the file that
I just exported, and the characters are "corrupted".

When I open the exported CSV file in Excel, I need to select UTF-8 to avoid
"corruption". There does nto appear to be an option in GnuCash to select
UTF-8 when importing?

I tested on v3.11 and v4.4