[GNC] Importing Accounts with non-English Characters

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 16 20:47:07 EDT 2021

On 17/3/21 05:20, viking wrote:
> Liz wrote
>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 03:31:34 -0500 (CDT)
>> viking <
>> viking2ev at .rr
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Quite an old bug from 2017. Is there a workaround to be able to import
>>> accounts with non-English characters?
>>>
>>> I am also not able to /manually/ create a new account including
>>> non-English characters. For example, the letter "å" can be typed here
>>> by pressing "Alt-0229". However, it doesn't work when trying to type
>>> this letter in the Account name for a New Account.
>>> Is this another bug?
>> Can you copy and paste the correct characters into place?
>>
>> Liz
> @Liz,
> Yes. copy/paste works but not typing the character directly. I guess this is
> a bug.
I can't enter non-ACSII characters in the Account name in Gnucash
4.4/MacOS 11.2.3 either (viking is having the issue on Windows GC 4.4).
Normally on the Mac, OPTION-"u", "u" should enter ü (u-umlaut), but when
I type the "u" after the OPTION-"u", a small text entry popup is
displayed that covers the New Account popup's Help button, and a single
"u" (without umlaut) appears in the text entry popup.

After that text entry popup appears, all text entry goes into that
popup. The Cancel button on the New Account popup still works to get out
of it.

Maybe GTK is grabbing the keyboard codes before the normal keyboard text
entry processing is done on them.

Peter