[GNC] Importing Accounts with non-English Characters

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Mar 18 00:58:35 EDT 2021

Yes, well aware of that and I have it on and use it occasionally. I also
use key combos as you noted.

I don't always remember which option-combos produce which accent. So I
usually use something else:

MacOS has a feature where you can hold down a key that has accented
options and you get a pop-up displaying each of them. There is a number
under each one. You can then type the number for the glyph you want, or
use the arrow keys (or mouse/pointer) to select it. (this way, you don't
have to remember 'aigue' is the 'e' key. If you want that on the letter
'a', just hold down 'a' and you'll get the pop-up. (this might be
something you can toggle, not sure)

When using GnuCash, I can't use the method of typing the number for the
glyph. But the arrow keys or point-n-click works. (as does direct combo
entry if I can remember it) Of course, using the 'Emoji & Symbols' tool
works as well, it's just that none of those are as convenient as the pop-up.

I thought since multiple subsequent key presses are required for that
method, perhaps it might be related. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Regards,
Adrien

On 3/17/21 11:06 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> Resent to the list because of a server bounce. Sorry for the dupe, Adrien.

No worries.