[GNC] Had to download application again

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Mar 19 12:30:05 EDT 2021

> On Mar 18, 2021, at 4:04 PM, David Ridell via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> I had to reboot my MacBook Air. This caused my Gnucash application/program file (is that the correct description?) to be deleted. I had to re-download the application. Did I do something wrong when I re-booted?
>
> My Gnucash “drive” appears to as an external drive……see attached screen shot.

No, rebooting did not cause anything to be deleted. Your screenshot didn't come through, but your external drive comment leads me to guess that you were running GnuCash from the mounted disk image. You didn't need to re-download it, you could remount it by double-clicking on Gnucash-Intel-4.4-1.dmg in your Downloads folder.

But GnuCash doesn't work all that well from the dmg (no mac application does) so you're supposed to drag it from there to the Applications folder before running it. Once you've done that you can eject the disk image (control click and select eject or use the eject symbol next to the disk image name in Finder's sidebar).

Regards,
John Ralls