[GNC] Representation Of Negative Balances

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 23 18:13:28 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-23 12:38, Jack Frillman via gnucash-user wrote:

> I just finished setting up GNUCash on a Windows 10 machine and it shows
> negative balances with ()'s like this -->  (2.23).
> On my Linux or Mac it's displayed using a minus sign like this -->  -2.23 .
>
> What preferences control this? I can't find it anywhere.

I believe GC takes that from your system preferences. I don't have
Windows 10, but it's probably similar to this from Windows 8.1:

currency format

Or go here, and scroll down to "In Windows 10 and Windows 8":
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/negative-numbers-aren-t-showing-with-parentheses-in-excel-682a1cc5-701a-4ce7-92db-cc9eebc5ffa0

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA