[GNC] CSV matching produces duplicates?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:00:15 EDT 2021

Maybe your message title is throwing us off.  If you want to have Gnucash
create new accounts on the fly during the import, that is almost possible
except that it would create a huge mess of accounts that were not properly
assigned to valid top level accounts (asset, liability, income, expense
and equity).

Gnucash assigns attributes to accounts based on those top level accounts.
 There is no mechanism to automate that.  It is possible to import a valid
chart of accounts,  but I have never done it myself and I have no clue how
it works.