[GNC] FW: Problem booting software

Mahon Finbar mahon.finbar at neuf.fr
Fri Mar 26 05:31:49 EDT 2021

I just had exactly the same issue! John Ralls and Alan Holmes provided
me with answers.

Essentially it is because your installation doesn't seem to have
'cleaned' the path when it installed the version you are using, afaics.
I was using an earlier version of GnuCash for quite a while before it
happened.

In the end I made sure I had a 'good' backup of the data and then
uninstalled GC, using, in my case, an uninstall app., not the MS
version, which removed all the entrails. I then made sure the backup was
still there and installed the latest version of GC. I only seemed to
have lost a few entries.

It worked for me, I don't understand why the issues arose after I had
been using GC for months.

Barry