[GNC] asset discrepancy in change of year

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Sun Mar 28 05:12:15 EDT 2021

Il 27/03/21 23:23, David Cousens ha scritto:
> As the (Income - Expense) is already recorded against Assets when you create
> the transactions, you are including them twice in the total you are
> calculating.

Please keep in mind that I am neither an accountant nor a native English
speaker, therefore there are *at least* two layers of imprecision in my
explanation attempts :)

However I don't think this is the case, here, because the difference is
waaaaay smaller than (Income - Expense) and applies to this change of
year alone.

As I just wrote in another reply, the issue lies with the mutual funds:
unrealized gains / losses. I had seen it being mentioned from time to
time but never properly understood because I had no mutual funds.

Thanks,

Andrea.