[GNC] Confused Entering A Refund To Credit Card Account

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Tue Mar 30 11:57:33 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-30 8:43 a.m., Jack Frillman via gnucash-user wrote:

> I'm trying to enter a refund split transaction to a credit card
> account and every time I do I get an Imbalance-USD amount. (see screen
> shots below)
> Why is this happening?

Screenshots don't work.

Easiest way for me to do the reversal is to duplicate the transaction
and then cut-and-paste each amount from one side of the register to the
other. Don't use <Enter>. If you use arrow keys or <Tab> to move between
fields nothing will change, but the imbalance will show at the bottom -
with no account assigned.

HTH

Cam