[GNC] Add a donate button in GnuCash

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat May 1 11:28:55 EDT 2021

HI,

On Sat, May 1, 2021 10:58 am, Glenn Fowler wrote:
> Hello,
> I think it would be an enhancement if there was a "Donate" button in
> the GnuCash program. This could simply link to the website donate
> page.
> It's unobtrusive, gives users a quick way to donate, and hopefully
> will increase donation awareness and bring in additional funding to
> the project.
>
> This is customary and in many open source software apps & programs.
> Thoughts?
>
> (I also posted this on BugZilla as an enhancement)

Thank you.  We appreciate the sentiment.
However, right now, we really don't *use* the funding we have, so it's
just sitting there for a "rainy day".
We have tried "bug bounties" before, without great success.
I believe we would be open to alternative uses of the "tip jar" funds.
I'm not sure we really need to increase the influx of donations.

Thanks,

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745