[GNC] Trouble Installing Online Price Retrieval Tool

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 21:29:52 EDT 2021

Hi Sudesh,

Everything you should need to know to set up your stocks in GnuCash is
covered in
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/chapter_invest.html

Everything you should need to know about using Finance::Quote is covered in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes

Regards, Chris Good

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 07:58:44 -0500
From: David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
To: Sudesh Chandar <schandar2205 at yahoo.com>
Cc: "gnucash-user at gnucash.org" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>, Geoff
	<cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Trouble Installing Online Price Retrieval Tool

Sudesh,

I think you have completed the installation correctly.   Since you also
obtained a key from Alpha Vantage you should be able to use their service to
download prices if they provide the ones that you want. For some stock
quotes you may get better results using one of the other services that the
finance-quote software can access.  Ask here about specific quotes on
specific exchanges.

For example,  I use Yahoo as json service for quotes on the US exchanges
because I download about 30 prices at a time.