[GNC] Cut/paste between databases

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:35:33 EDT 2021

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 11:06 AM Paul Kinzelman <paul at kinzelman.com> wrote:

> In that case, it'd be good to clear the transaction paste buffer
> when reading in a new file so that people won't make the
> mistake of thinking they can cut/paste between databases.

It's a little more complicated than that -- even though GnuCash doesn't
EXPLICITLY support having more than one book open at the same time, many of
us have done it for years, so I think the protocol ought to be to check the
paste buffer to make sure the transaction to be pasted is from the same
book, and if not, disallow the paste. Ideally there'd also be some
indication about why the paste failed, but that's probably optional as long
as the behavior is explained somewhere.