[GNC] Gnucash terminal commands not working & e-mail reply to all

smada46 at hotmail.com smada46 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 21:34:48 EDT 2021

Using Mac OS 10.15.7, Gnucash 4.4-2, F:Q 1.47 Aqbanking ? (whatever came with GC 4.4)

First, I am not a computer person and know just enough to get myself in trouble.  I have used the commands in the wiki to test finding GC version, Aq banking version, to get quote for XAU, and to open GnuCash from the terminal.  For the versions I would get “command not found”; and to open GnuCash I got “unable to find application GnuCash.   The commands and results are as follows:

dwa1:~ dwa1$ gnucash --version
-bash: gnucash: command not found
dwa1:~ dwa1$ aqbanking-cli versions
-bash: aqbanking-cli: command not found
dwa1:~ dwa1$ flatpak run --command=sh org.gnucash.GnuCash
-bash: flatpak: command not found
dwa1:~ dwa1$ cd gnucash
-bash: cd: gnucash: No such file or directory
dwa1:~ dwa1$ cd \applications\gnucash
-bash: cd: applicationsgnucash: No such file or directory
dwa1:~ dwa1$ cd \applications
dwa1:applications dwa1$ gnucash --version
-bash: gnucash: command not found

dwa1 at dwa1 ~ % gnc-fq-dump -v alphavantage XAU
zsh: command not found: gnc-fq-dump
dwa1 at dwa1 ~ % cd applications
dwa1 at dwa1 applications % gnc-fq-dump -v alphavantage XAU
zsh: command not found: gnc-fq-dump
dwa1 at dwa1 applications %

dwa1 at dwa1 ~ % cd applications
dwa1 at dwa1 applications % open -a Gnucash --args Our GnuCash Data.gnucash
Unable to find application named ‘Gnucash'

I tried changing directories to the application directory where GC is to see if that helped.  Also between the first series and the second I changed the shell that terminal said I should be using (from bash to zsh whatever that means)

I looked through the wiki and help manual and didn’t find anything that helped.  Also tried going through mail list archives.  What am i missing?

Second point is “reply to all” in an e-mail series on the mail list.  I’m using the MAC mail program V13.4.  In normal e-mails I can hit reply to all, but with the mail list when I double click to bring up an e-mail to respond to, the reply to is greyed out.  In order to send to all in the string I would have to copy and paste each e-mail address in my e-mail.  Again, what am  I doing wrong?

These are probably some basic computer things that I don’t know and may be wasting your time and if so I apologize.  Thanks for any help.