[GNC] Building GnuCash from src distributions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed May 19 17:32:16 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Wed, May 19, 2021 4:52 pm, mike823 wrote:
> Thank you John,
>
> How do I get support for build? I've sent two days ago a message to
> "GnuCash
> - Dev" but no answer.

You are sending this message through Nabble.  Are you subscribed to the
actual gnucash-devel mailing list?  If not, that's why your message(s) are
being delayed -- they go into the moderator queue.  Posting to Nabble does
not bypass that queue.

> Here is the error I am getting:

[snip]

You're on CentOS 8 -- you probably need packages from EPEL.
Is there a reason you're not using the EPEL GnuCash package?
If nothing else, you might consider 'dnf builddep gnucash' to ensure you
have all the build dependencies.

It looks like you don't have the proper pthread libraries, which means you
might not have other dependencies, either.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745