[GNC] Uneditable transaction

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu May 20 12:33:40 EDT 2021

On 5/20/2021 4:01 AM, Jean Seurin wrote:
>     Hi
>     I have this odd transaction that I can't fix or delete. I'm met with
>     the following error message when trying to delete it:
>     This transaction is marked read-only with the comment: 'Generated from
>     an invoice. Try unposting the invoice'.
>     I've reviewed all invoices but I couldn't find a one with a reference
>     to the transaction in question.
>     Is there any way to bypass, or solve this read-only status?
>     Best

You shouldn't want to bypass!

Are you under the impression that when the program told you 'Generated
from an invoice. Try unposting the invoice' this might be an error? Just
because you haven't yet found the invoice.

a) What is this transaction? << the sort generated when an invoice is
created? When some specific action took place (like a payment? >>

b) What is the date on the transaction? According to your answer to "a"
what do you have for those dates?

c) Since I do not use the business features I don't know what gnucash
does to show you the JOURNAL. With gnucash the journal is virtual but
there is a report that will produce it for you and from "a" and "b" you
know the date.

Michael D Novack