[GNC] Export Current Search

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 04:24:51 EDT 2021

On 2 Nov 2021, at 07:31, Mike Stillingfleet <mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear GNUCash Forum,
>
> Firstly I how that I have posted this correctly.
>
> I have read in the GNU Cash help that if I have focus on the current search I should see 4 export options and one of those will be File->Export->Export Active Register to CSV.
>
> I do not have that option.
>
> Is this something that has been removed?
>
> How else could I export the current search?
>
> TIA

After you have run the search, you will have a “Search Results” tab open.

From the “Reports” menu, choose “Account Report”.

Click the “Export” button, and save the file to HTML.

Before the Export stage, you can adjust the contents of the report using the “Options” button.

I’m using LibreOffice for the next stage, but presumably other office suites will do the same.

Open the HTML file in LibreOffice.

Select All, and Copy to clipboard.

Open a new Spreadsheet file.

Paste.

Save As CSV.

This is a very roundabout route, but if this is a one-off job probably worthwhile,

Michael

PS Curses! As I was about to send this, David Cousens beat me to it with a proper solution! The feature that misled me (and presumably Mike) is that the Export button that appears once the Register tab is selected implies that this is the only way to export from a register, and blinded me to that alternative route.