[GNC] Problem with PayPal statements?

Jean D. Boyle 86ul at vivaldi.net
Sun Nov 7 10:36:51 EST 2021

Hello fellow users of GNUCash,

Currently I am running GNUCash 4.8 with Flatpak on M20.2, and I have
some troubles with GNUCash that i had not before:

When importing my statements from PayPal (*.csv), GNUCash starts to
behave a bit strange. Although everything is correct in the /import
preview/ -including the amount of deposit/withdrawal-, all amounts are
doubled in the /Match Transaction; the rest is correct/.
When opening this *.csv-file from PayPal, everything is correct,
including all of the amounts; none are doubled. Therefore I think
GNUCash seems to double the amounts.

Is this just on my M20.2, or do I something weird, or is it a bug? If
the latter, I will fill in a proper bug report.

--
86ul