[GNC] Gnucash 3.7 - flatpak cannot recognize second internal HDD & USB Flashdrive

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 01:38:50 EST 2021

Hi Parag,

You should read the wiki re flatpak - https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak,
specifically the following :-

How did you go with your csv file ?

Cheers David H.

ConfigurationGranting Access to Other Resources

As each Flatpak app runs in a sandbox, you have to unlock additionally
required resources like
USB Drive

sudo flatpak override org.gnucash.GnuCash --filesystem=$PATH_TO_USB_DRIVE

Smartcard ReaderTo use smart cards in AqBanking
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/AqBanking>

   1. on the host—your Linux PC—the demon pcscd must be running,
   2. the related socket must become unlocked for your GnuCash-Flatpak once:

   sudo flatpak override org.gnucash.GnuCash --socket=pcsc

sudo may be required depending on the rest of your installation.
See alsohttps://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/sandbox-permissions.html