[GNC] Error importing QIF file

parag puranik parag_puranik at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 03:04:41 EST 2021

 Hi ALL EXPERTS
Ultimately I split the QIF file in Text editor and isolated the corrupted  record. In that record out of the text in Notes (Memo) field, the letter capital "I" somehow came to occupy the first position in the row, Now, as per the QIF file protocol, "I" indicates Price. Hence the importing desktop program interpreted it as "share price" and since there was some other text after "I" , the error message got generated. I simply removed the "I" from the first position of the row and imported the file successfully.
(Big)-Thanks to YOU ALL for your valuable guidance and persistent follow-up on the issue.