[GNC] changing accounts?

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 17:37:07 EST 2021

If you're changing every ABC to DEF, you can delete ABC and tell gnucash to move the transactions into DEF. That's documented in the wiki.

If you're only deleting a bunch (but not all) there isn't one find and replace command. When push comes to shove, though, even fixing 100 transactions will only take a few minutes' time.

If it were me in this second scenario (and it has been, believe me!), I'd search for the offending transactions, putting them all in a separate register, copy the new account designation, and paste it into each transaction at the appropriate point before pressing enter to commit them away.

David