[GNC] changing accounts?

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 11 11:28:38 EST 2021

On 2021-11-10 14:43, Paul Kinzelman wrote:
> You're a little bit fast for me on that one. :-)
>
> I did it by hand for what I needed right now, but I was asking for next
> time.
>
> In the 3rd paragraph, by "separate register" do you mean create a temp
> account,
> and by "putting them in a separate register" do you mean cut/paste each
> transaction?
> Then delete the temp and move the transactions to the new account?

Not a separate account, no. When you do a search, the results pop up in
a new tab formatted like the account registers. So ...

1. Click into the Cash tab (I think you said all the transactions to be
changed were in cash), or into the register of the account you are
moving transactions out of.

2. Do a search that will catch all the transactions you want to change
and as few as possible of the ones you don't.
    (Note: The search will show only transactions from the register that
you are in when you perform the search. The search results will open in
a new register.)

3. If your transactions have more than two splits each, Select View »
Auto-Split Ledger or Transaction Journal. This will save clicking the
split button for each of them.

4. Click into each transaction, as "D" suggested, change the old account
to the new one, and press Enter to commit it.

5. Close the search results tab.

--

Stan Brown

Tehachapi, CA, USA