[GNC] Calendar does not pop up

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sun Nov 14 18:51:06 EST 2021

On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:11:11 -0800 john wrote:

>The calendar itself is a GtkCalendar, https://developer-old.gnome.org/gtk3/3.24/GtkCalendar.html, wrapped in gnucash/register/register-gnome/gnucash-date-picker.*  which adds the popup behavior and gnucash/register/register-gnome/datecell-gnome.c. You probably should start by setting a breakpoint in popup_get_height (https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/58d37b75b09e71805bc0bc932866b00e5051bd94/gnucash/register/register-gnome/datecell-gnome.c#L650) to see if it's getting a sane value.

Thanks for the hints John.  gdb wasn't helpful, so I decided to track
down GtkCalendar.  It no longer seems available in my distro. Finally
located https://github.com/debmint/gtkcalendarentry -- but its
configure.ac fails.

I'm suspecting GtkCalendar is being deprecated.  It's not worth any more
effort on my part... Building gnucash 4.8 was a cakewalk compared to this.

Cheers,
Pierre