[GNC] CSV Import Reconciled field - Sideline question

Ove write2ove at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:43:03 EST 2021

Hello Patel,

[I changed the title of the email so hopefully it will create a separate
trail and not mix up with my initial query ]

I can do most things with both QIF and Multi line CVS in regards to
Stock/securities (that  I need to do)

e.g.

  * Stock Purchase with commission
  * Stock Sell with commission
  * Dividend with tax and with fee and zero buy stock to align the
    dividend with the stock
  * Stock Split or more precisely Add Stock at zero cost

the one thing I was not able to do with QIF was to align the Dividend
with the Stock, so that the "Advanced Portfolio" report would correctly
recognise the Dividend to the Stock.

Since I have trading accounts active, I also add a line for each trading
account transaction when required. I am not sure if I have to do this,
but it is easy to do when I create the export CSV file programmatically.

I find the CSV multi-line format very easy to work with because you can
add any combination of lines to a transaction.

What in particular are you having a problem with importing using CSV?

kind regards Ove.