[GNC] CSV Import Reconciled field

Ove Grunnér write2ove at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 09:23:15 EST 2021

Hi David, I did some more testing on Flatpack
Version: 4.8
Build ID: Flathub 4.8-1
Finance Quote: 1.49
"Edit > Preferences > Online Banking > QIF import > default transaction
status" is set to "Not cleared".

It has the same behaviour as on distro version 4.4
"Edit > Preferences > Online Banking > QIF import > default transaction
status" is set to "Not cleared".

I also noted that it is only the sub-transaction that correspond to the
first line in the multi line csv file that is set to "c", all other
sub-transactions get set to "n" as expected.
I may therefore be able to work around my specific issue by never having
the Asset:Card Receipts account as the first line in the csv import file.

Thanks also to Geert for his suggestions,

I included an example of an import file below, I hope the html table
survives any email conversions...
When I go through the import pages, there is a page called "Match
Transactions" I think you refer to this page.
here I can override any matching, by selecting one of the 3 options

   1. A (New, Already Balanced)
   2. U+C (Match Missing)
   3. C (Match Missing)

Assuming there is not already a matching transaction.
In either case, I always need to select "A" as I need to create a new
transaction.

Date Transaction_ID Number Description Notes Commodity_Currency Void_Reason
GnuCash_Action Memo Account_Name

Amount Reconciled Reconcile_Date Rate_Price
2021-11-12 A211116155857301
text more text CURRENCY::SEK
Link Memo Text Stock Alpha Account

0 n
1

Payment Memo Text Investment Account

-780 n
1

Dividend Memo Text Dividend for Alpha Stock

780 n
1

kind regards Ove.