[GNC] Reimbursements

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 22:35:30 EST 2021

Your problem is in assigning the whole $100 to your expense account. Also
recording the amount reimbursable by the second organization as income is not
optimum. You are not adding value (which would be income) simply being
reimbursed for your outlay on behalf of the other organisation. You might like
to try something like the following:

Initial Purchase:
                            Dr       Cr
Asset: Bank                         100
Expense: Widgets            50
Asset: Reimbursable         50

Issue of Invoice to other organisation:
                            Dr       Cr
Asset: Accounts Receivable  50
Asset: Reimbursable                  50

Receipt of Paymentfrom other organisation:
                            Dr       Cr
Asset:Bank                  50
Asset: Accounts Receivable           50

David Cousens