[GNC] Problem with PayPal statements?

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:58:01 EST 2021

Jean,

I am not sure whether your Paypal statement is exactly the same as mine but my
statement has three columns with an amount in them labelled  "Gross", 'Fee",
"Net". I assign either the Deposit or Withdrawal header to the "Gross" column
when I import  the CSV. I can't remember which I use but I usually cut one or
two transactions into a separate file and import into a test file them to sort
it out ( I am not interested in accounting for the fees separately as I regard
them as part of the purchse). There is usually no need to assign both the
Deposit header and the Withdrawal header to separate columns in the importas the
sense is determined by the sign in the "Gross" or "Net" column so it is normal
to assign only one of the two headers to a single column. The only time you need
to assign both headers is when the deposits and Withdrawals are listed in
separate columns.

David