[GNC] Can one handle electricity?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 05:17:32 EST 2021

I am still not a user. My accountant does not use it, but says as long as
it can export cvs files, he is happy to. So I really have not excuse not to
start using it - other than the burden of learning another piece of
software.

I wonder if there's a sensible way of handling electricity costs in
GnuCash. Currently I read the meter each month, and take the price of the
electricity that month. Obviously the difference between two readings of
the electric meter tells me how much energy I have used. At the end of the
year, my accountant just adds this to the director loan. So ultimately from
an accounting perspective, it is just a director loan. I'm wondering if
there's any way to automate the calculations, which to be honest is not
that hard - it would take me 10 minutes in a spreadsheet.