[GNC] Making the leap to latest

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Sat Oct 2 17:47:03 EDT 2021

Ok, I've been running along on 2.6.3 on Win 10.  No issues to date that
I can see.

I know there's been various changes throughout the rest of the 2.x and
3.x series and we're now on 4.x which sparks some questions:

Do I really need to update?  I only use the basis ledgers for standard
banking accounts, credit cards, loans, mutual funds; scheduled
transactions; and basic reports (typically just the standard transaction
report when I need a list for taxes). I don't use online transactions,
imports, or business features.  Can I assume that the basics still work
the same way?

If it's better for me to go ahead and update how painful will it be to
update?

I recall some suggestions previously about upgrading in increments and
if that's the case how many increments am I going to need (hopefully not
one for every point version)?