[GNC] Cannot restore backup from mobile app

Eric H. Bowen eric at ehbowen.net
Tue Oct 5 11:06:54 EDT 2021

I began making restaurant deliveries last night and I was using the
GnuCash mobile app to record cash transactions. This morning I wanted to
export them to the main GnuCash program as a .qif file. Well, there was
a download glitch and the .qif file was lost. I had selected the "delete
transactions after export" option so they're now erased from the mobile app.

I've tried to go back into the "Backup and Restore" menu on the app and
selected "Restore most recent backup", but I get the error message, "An
error occurred while importing the GnuCash accounts: At line 1, column
0, not well formed (invalid token)."

So far it's just one day's lost data, but how should I proceed in future?