[GNC] Gnucash 4.8: doesn't read or store config

boerner at t-online.de boerner at t-online.de
Wed Oct 6 10:25:41 EDT 2021

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue coming from 4.6 and upgrading to 4.8 from an OpenSuse Repo.
One thing that I have in common with Klaus is that we both skipped 4.7

Indeed in Dconf I can find a new preference path /org/gnucash/GnuCash along with the old /org/gnucash.
However, gnucash 4.8 doesn't seem to take care of this path. Neither changes in my settings are reflected there nor changes done directly in Dconf (e.g. set time format to 24h) have any effect.
Moreover the default preference for the date format is ISO (2021-10-06), while gnucash uses the US format (10/06/2021) persistently.
So it appears to me that gnucash neather reads nor writes from/to the new preferences path in this situation.

@Klaus: Did you file that bug already? So it might be worth to add this information there.

Best
Thomas

Tue Oct 5 06:21:11 EDT 2021 Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be