[GNC] email seems so crude 30 years after MULTICS forums.

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Fri Oct 8 09:16:10 EDT 2021

* On 2021 08 Oct 06:43 -0500, Robert Heller wrote:

> There is also GigiNews (US$4.99/month).

I found https://www.aioe.org/ some years ago which gives access to text
newsgroups and which I've used without issue, though I post very little.

Toward the OP, one nice thing about email and mailing lists such as this
is that the messages are often archived in multiple places.  Web forum
software is often not and depends on there being good backups in place
for disaster recovery.  I have seen Web forums disappear over the years
and all the content with them so I regard them as less trustworthy and
quite ephemeral and ill suited for technical/user discussions where
access to archives years later is useful.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB