[GNC] Split Transaction Confusion Again

Jack Frillman jcf_m_lists at me.com
Sat Oct 9 09:51:02 EDT 2021

I'm having trouble entering a split transaction for a stock dividend &
the tax that was withheld.

The stock has a dividend of   $10.13
Tax withheld is   $1.52
This leaves a cash deposit of $8.61 in the parent brokerage account.

How do I enter a split transaction that shows the dividend of $10.13,
puts the tax of $1.52 into a tax tracking account and adds $8.61 to the
cash balance in the parent brokerage account?

As with a straight dividend I'm entering the main transaction in the
parent brokerage account.

No matter which way I try making these entry's I always have an amount
added to the imbalance account or the $10.13 added to the cash balance.
I have read GNU Cash Documentation on split transactions several times
and I still can't figure this out.

Thanks.

--
Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null
- Anonymous