[GNC] Gnucash 4.8: doesn't read or store config

Thomas Boerner boerner at t-online.de
Sun Oct 10 03:56:21 EDT 2021

Hey Klaus,
glad it's working for you now, too!
I've written that I got it working by modifying XDG_DATA_DIRS. That is true, but it cures only the symptom. The root cause was a forgotten schema from an old self-compiled version of gnucash below /usr/local/share. After deleting that it works with the original XDG_DATA_DIRS.
Perhaps you have had a similar situation that has been solved implicitly by removing and re-installing versions?
Best, Thomas