[GNC] Credit Card Rewards Refund

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 12:15:49 EDT 2021

Perhaps historical perspective might help, especially with businesses,
because might want to treat the same way as when invoices typically were
like this, except conditional on when paid.

I have no idea how accrual treats this (would have treated this) when in
the old days a vendor might send an invoice like this:

Immediate, 2% discount, 30 days net, else 1% per month.

I am old enough to remember those days. Assuming the accrual system
treated the "30 days net" as normal, what was done if paid immediately?
That closely resembles the situation of credit card rebates on
purchases. As to the argument wanting to  distribute to reduce all
expenses  paid during that billing period, is that also being done in
reverse with interest charges (if any -- often a business credit card is
not intended as a source of credit and balance paid each month -- and
SOME people ca manage that with their personal credit cards too)

Michael D Novack