[GNC] Handling personal yet-to-pay bills

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Sat Oct 16 11:27:07 EDT 2021

Hi Gyle!

Thanks for answering.

I already tried adding transactions with a future date, and that indeed
turned out to be as useful as I expected.  So far I've done that for
things like bank transfers or direct debits that are already issued with
a future date.  Examples recently were some credit card bills coming in,
for which I recorded the payments at the date they will be debited to my
checking account, since that was sure to happen.

As a more practical example, right now I have two outstanding payments:
the electricity bill that is due on November 22nd (that I'll pay with my
credit card; the electric company doesn't do recurring charges to credit
cards, go figure…), and a tax payment due on November 30th.  I have no
idea *yet* when I'm going to execute those two payments so, I suppose
I'll either have to edit the already-recorded transaction if I simply
handle it as you suggests (googling past similar question I saw somebody
using a special string in the "memo" field to recognize them).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :