[GNC] save as sqlite3 error

Public Address public.address at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 04:25:25 EDT 2021

Thank you all.  Someone last night pointed me to the trace file.  I tried to save as sqlite3, failed then closed down.  The last lines are as follows:

* 17:59:21 ERROR <gnc.engine> gboolean qof_book_is_readonly(const QofBook*): assertion 'book != NULL' failed
* 17:59:26 ERROR <gnc.backend.dbi> [error_handler()] DBI error: 19: NOT NULL constraint failed: splits.memo
* 17:59:26 ERROR <gnc.backend.dbi> [GncDbiSqlConnection::execute_nonselect_statement()] Error executing SQL INSERT INTO splits(guid,tx_guid,account_guid,memo,action,reconcile_state,reconcile_date,value_num,value_denom,quantity_num,quantity_denom) VALUES('[xxx]','[xxy]','[xxz]',NULL,'','c','2021-01-24 17:57:12',46353,100,46353,100)
* 17:59:26 ERROR <gnc.backend.sql> [GncSqlBackend::execute_nonselect_statement()] SQL error: INSERT INTO splits(guid,tx_guid,account_guid,memo,action,reconcile_state,reconcile_date,value_num,value_denom,quantity_num,quantity_denom) VALUES('[xxx]','[xxy]','[xxz]',NULL,'','c','2021-01-24 17:57:12',46353,100,46353,100)

I am not sure how to look for transactions via the guid_tx, but I searched for 463.53.  I was then shown a split transaction view of a transaction that was put into the imbalance account.  The description was “NULL” where the rectangle is in the attached.  Some of my other imbalance entries had this entry, some did not.  So I removed them all and now it writes.

I don't believe I put these “NULL”s in, I think gnucash did it so might be something to look into.

Not sure if you saw my other question – can import securities (not the security transactions) or can I only add them via the GUI?

Many Thanks