[GNC] gnucash-cli options - accounts, dates and other settings

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:12:25 EDT 2021

Chris, Can you describe that datafile and how it is used?
Also the gsettings schemas for gsettings queries.

>   --gsettings-prefix arg  Set the prefix for gsettings schemas for
gsettings queries. This can be useful to have a different settings tree
while debugging.
>  Report Generation Options:
>  -R [ --report ] arg     ... The following commands are supported.
>                            show: ... A datafile may be specified to describe
some saved options.

With what you've described:
* Replace saved-reports-2.8 with a file containing required options, run
gnucash-cli then restore saved-reports-2.8.

When a user runs a (.scm) report it uses saved-reports-2.8 which in my
instance contains
;; Options for saved report "Transaction Report", based on template
"2fe3b9833af044abb929a88d5a59620f" ...

transaction.scm is just a shell containing:
(gnc:define-report
 'version 1
 'name (N_ "Transaction Report")
 'report-guid "2fe3b9833af044abb929a88d5a59620f"

It calls trep-engine.scm - (define-module (gnucash report trep-engine))