[GNC] QIF imports for security pricing

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Tue Sep 7 17:23:29 EDT 2021

Oh! Sorry for not understanding it, David.  My bad here. Appreciate that working framework and the sample your provided does work for publicly traded security as expected.

By way of background … The reason is because the securities of concern are mutual funds and they are NOT publicly available ones; they only can be purchased in the company’s 401K account (effectively a private security issue)! I can download transaction in CSV format ONLY from the portal of the plan administrator but there is no way to pull their prices from likes of Yahoo Finance or otherwise any other source. For that fact, they don’t even have typical mutual fund symbols to start with. With only option to download transactions in CSV file format, I convert that CSV into QIF format programmatically to import them while injecting pricing of each transaction in the conversion process (hoping) to import that as well.

Kalpesh…