[GNC] Creating Reports

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Fri Sep 10 06:55:04 EDT 2021

John,
The budget report is close to what you want here. However the spending
there is based on the budget plan, so if your income varies from check
to check, then it won't show what you are looking for.
Another option to think about is to use separate accounts for all long
term savings and then just look at the checking account balance. If you
pay all of your bills out of the checking account and you make sure to
move all money for long-term savings out of the checking account, then
what is left is your discretionary.I have sub-accounts of my savings
account setup in GnuCash that don't match real bank accounts. These are
used to hold the money that I need for bills that are paid every 6
months or 12 months. Then the balance in my savings account is what
isn't already allocated. Doing this for your checking account would
likely work.
Jon