[GNC] Change configuration location.

Paul Medeiros medeirospa at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:19:17 EDT 2021

Hello,

I can't make gnucash read its configuration from ~/.config/gnucash.
Instead it reads and writes its configuration to and from
~/.local/share/gnucash where the data files are stored.  The environment
variable USER_CONFIG_HOME is currently set to ~/.config.  I have tried
setting other environment variables as specified in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations but none have
worked.  I have also tried to find a gui configuration setting in
Edit/Preferences but failed. When I open Saved report configurations the
list is empty when I have all the configuration folders and files stored in
~/.config/gnucash.  If I move them to ~/.local/share/gnucash the saved
report configurations appear in the list.  The contents of
~/.config/gnucash are currently: accelerator-map  books  checks
 expressions-2.0  saved-reports-2.8  saved-reports-2.8-backup
 stylesheets-2.0  translog.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks