[GNC] Cash Accounting Method

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Sep 12 07:53:28 EDT 2021

Just £0.02 that came to mind upon reading your message, Steve.

If you are on Cash basis, then (strictly speaking) there is no need to ever
have A/P or A/R accounts and ageing in your books.  If you want to create your
invoices in GC, have you considered trying a workflow whereby you do not post
your invoices into GC until the actual payment date?  I think you will still
be able to "print" invoices from GC, but the reporting will be fully cash
basis?

Or, of course, you could create your invoices outside of GC (Writer, Calc
etc), and just treat them as simple (ie non-invoice) txns in GC, on the
relevant date - though I appreciate this may be doubling the data entry.

As I said, this is just £0.02, and it may not work for you in practice.... I
will add that I managed to make GC do Accrual basis using the last version
before the business subsystems were written (by Derek - about v1.6, IIRC), so
it doesn't seem to me correct to suggest that GC "can't" do cash basis, as
that was default behaviour in the early days.

Maf.