[GNC] Calculating interest rates

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Sep 13 10:46:40 EDT 2021

Despite much Googling I haven't been able to find anything explaining
how to calculate this...

I know:
  - The balance of a savings account at the start of the year;
  - The amounts and dates of payments into the account; and
  - The amount of interest paid at the end of the year.

I want to calculate the percent of interest received, assuming that the
account compounds daily.

If there were no payments into the account it would be easy
(interest_amount/start_balance=interest_percent), but I can't figure out
how to take account of irregular payments into the account throughout
the year.

Thanks.

--
- Steve