[GNC] Cash Accounting Method

David G. Pickett dgpickett at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 11:18:27 EDT 2021

I am no accountant, but it seems to me you could enter the invoiced transactions for the future due date, not reconciled, update the date and reconcile when paid, delete them or push them out when unpaid, possibly with a late fee.  Like paper books, the media should not constrain the accounting method.  Does cash basis need a segregated place for transactions invoiced but not paid?  You can create a parallel account category or tree to hold them, updating the invoice when paid to a new date and other side account in the usual income tree.