[GNC] [Non-techie] Wondering for a package, and seeking help for building

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 20:35:48 EDT 2021

Jean

I recently built 4.6 on Linux Mint 20.2 with no problems. The following commands
will list the installed packages. You need to have the development header
packages "<filename>.dev" (libaqbanking-dev and libgwenhywfar-core-dev)
installed  to build the programs, not just the runtime binaries.

dpkg -l |grep aqbank

which returns

ii  aqbanking-tools                                             6.0.1-
2                                     amd64        basic command line
homebanking utilities
ii  libaqbanking-data                                           6.0.1-
2                                     all          configuration files for
libaqbanking
ii  libaqbanking-dev                                            6.0.1-
2                                     amd64        library for online banking
applications
ii  libaqbanking44:amd64                                        6.0.1-
2                                     amd64        library for online banking
applications

on my system and

dpkg -l |grep gwenhy

which returns

ii  libgwenhywfar-core-dev                                      5.1.3-
1build1                               amd64        OS abstraction layer (core
development files)
ii  libgwenhywfar-data                                          5.1.3-
1build1                               all          OS abstraction layer - data
files
ii  libgwenhywfar79:amd64                                       5.1.3-
1build1                               amd64        OS abstraction layer

Works fine with libgwenhywfar 5.1.3.  You can use the commands
apt-cache search <string>
with <string> either aqbank or gwenhy

to locate the correct package names to load using
sudo apt install <pakage-name>

David Cousens