[GNC] Gnucash 4.8 Build Fail

Harry G McGavran Jr w5pny at w5pny.com
Tue Sep 28 19:57:03 EDT 2021

I have the same problem that David reported on this list, but
with Ubuntu 20.04:

Gnucash 4.8 won't build --

       .
       .
       .
[ 97%] Built target org.gnucash.GnuCash.dialogs.sxs.gschema.valid-target
[ 97%] Built target
org.gnucash.GnuCash.dialogs.import.csv.gschema.valid-target
[ 98%] Built target compiled-schemas
[ 98%] Generating ../../share/gnucash/migratable-prefs.xml
CMake Error: cmake version 3.16.3
Usage: /usr/bin/cmake -E <command> [arguments...]
Available commands:
   capabilities              - Report capabilities built into cmake in
JSON format
   chdir dir cmd [args...]   - run command in a given directory
       .
       .
       .

I tried chasing this a bit, but I'm not a cmake expert by any means...
So hopefully there will be a work around...