[GNC] Problems setting up first OFX transaction download

David Ellis davidellis.LPC at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 16:25:54 EDT 2021

I have been using Quicken for home and business for years to keep my one man
office books. It does everything I need, especially auto-population of bank
transactions in register for preparing financial statements. Now converting
to GnuCash and used the wizard to a) import to gnu from Quicken data file,
then b) set up OFX transaction download from bank directly to gnu. Got data
import great, but efforts to get OFX duds. I am a retired dba so I kind of
know what I'm doing, but didn't help much. I called the bank and worked with
a tech person there but a detailed review of each item in the wizard didn't
get anywhere with her either. I kept getting the error that there were no
new transactions to download since the last one, which was 3 weeks and 29
transactions ago. Am I going to just have to download CSV monthly and import
to gnu or can I actually get OFX to work?  Thanks, David